Tuesday, March 31, 2009

getting my NCES on

It's bunk that, with the economy the way it is, employers get away with saying, "You're not getting the raise that you expected (or 'You're not getting a raise this year') but we should just be thankful that we have jobs." I've heard that this year but I also know that my job is adding other perks, like education. If I get into grad school (fingers crossed) and work pays for it, that's a big perk! Today, work also invested in me by sending me to a three day training, the National Certification in Employment Services training. It cost $250 and I'm in a classroom at the double tree for three days, getting paid. All in all, it's pretty sweet! So while a pay raise would be nice, I'll take any of the educational opportunities while I can get them.

No comments: