Wednesday, May 13, 2009

down south to dallas

I think my job just got a lot bigger.

Yesterday, my supervisor tells me that the director is going to be unable to give the tour of the Dallas site to a group of executives from thrift stores across country and they wanted me to do it instead. She gave me the material to cover and a guy from operations drove so I pretty much just had to recite material and answer questions, although none were really asked of me. Anyhow, I could see myself getting asked to do this again because I've now "done it before."

I was glad for the opportunity to go to the Dallas site anyway. The store is pretty much operated by people with developmental disabilities. Aside from management, they do every job in the facility except for cashiering and that could change someday too. It's damn impressive and I was pretty excited to show it off.

No comments: