Monday, May 11, 2009

the easy 500

It's my 500th post. I wanted to do something special. I was going to roadtrip. Then I thought I'd just go for a massage or spa treatment. I also thought about getting another tattoo. In the end, I laid in flowers.

I went to take Dean for a walk and decided to take Raven and Sydney with me. The kids had been attached to a video game for the better part of an evening so it was a good opportunity for us all to get out. We went to Reed College just to stroll around the campus but ended up playing in a tall growth of weeds and wild flowers, all of which were beyond soft. The kids first ducked down and were completely out of sight. Dean and I hopped through the weeds and found them and then fell backwards. It was great. Simple, relaxing and enjoyable.

While walking back, the kids were really excited and played around the sporting field and on the bleachers, having way too much fun for bleachers. I have vague memories of playing on anything around the baseball fields in Hartington, NE because anything beat actually watching the game. I fondly remember "riding" the football training sleds, pretending they were land speeders with my sister and our family friend Mike.

I don't know if Raven and Syd had that much fun tonight but I think that it'll be a good memory for them. For that, I'm glad that this was how I spent my 500th new thing.

No comments: