Tuesday, May 19, 2009

four lettered words

Every three years, my company gets accredited by CARF, formerly the Commission for Accreditation for Rehabational Facilities (now it's Rehabilitational Accreditation Commission). Whatever it is, it's a pain in the ass.

For the past year and a half, I've been changing forms and performing tedious tasks to try to make sure that we pass accreditation with flying colors. Not to brag but we have one helluva program and we've been told that we have the best facilities around so we're pretty sure that we're gonna pass every three years. Still there's a lot of build up and stress around it.

The first year I was CARFed, I had just started working as a participant supervisor in the stores and I didn't really have anything to do with it. The second time, I helped train a store supervisor on what to do. This time, it was my focus for over a year and I considered walking off my job because it got to be too much. But now that it's here, I don't really know what I was so worked up about. You never know what the surveyors are going to ask or going to look at so you just have to get everything ship-shape. Today, I met a surveyor at four different stores and walked through each site with him. It was really very chill.

The best part about CARF is the year or so afterwards because the job is just smooth. I have at least a solid year with absolutely minimal stress. I'm ready to love my job again.

No comments: