Monday, May 18, 2009

cause maybe i'm an anarchist

It was gay skate night and I wanted to go back. I even had my striped skirt picked out. However, I was beat down from work and lack of sleep and decided to check out a Balkan anarchist historian instead.

I don't know if I can call myself an anarchist. I mean, I pretty much have an anarchist philosophy on things but I hate labels. It's like religion. I take what works for me (which is hardly anything, kind of a Gian outlook) but won't say that I am subscribing to one particular religion. I just believe what I believe and I don't really want to explain it.

Anyway, Andrej Grubacic was a decent speaker and a self proclaimed anarchist since the age of 12. Again, I don't think that I can agree with everything that he said but I was able to take a lot from his talk and I'll pick and chose what I apply to my being. I don't really think that anyone should completely buy into anything that they aren't putting together for themselves. That just seems wrong to me but then again, that's just me.

No comments: