Friday, May 1, 2009

may day 2009


This is supposed to be the worker's holiday but I had a lot of stuff to do so I worked...for a while. By the afternoon, I had most of my busy tasks done so I took it easy the rest of the day and then went downtown to the May Day march.

Really, it feels like I only go to marches now to see friends that I don't see regularly. This one was fun but felt relatively purposeless. However, I did get to walk in the streets. Later on, while heading to the Red and Black to listen to Adelitas, I got to see the Cinco de Mayo fireworks which was probably the highlight of my evening. That and having a really good conversation with a friend that I hadn't seen for a while. I guess that's what May Day's about to me now, reconnecting.

However, I did also get this good picture of this cop. Hee hee.

No comments: