Thursday, April 2, 2009

le-mer-monaid

Excuse me sir. There appears to be a mermaid in my drink.

Years ago, I think in 2003, I worked a block away from Milo's City Cafe for about six months. I walked by the Cafe several times a week, thinking that the place was too upscale and I wouldn't have enough time on my 1/2 hour lunch break to eat there. Well, today I had 75 minutes and my work was paying so I decided to pay them a visit.

It was great. I didn't pay more than $10, had a great soup and a lemonade containing a mermaid. The food was decent but the staff was what really made the place stand out and what will ultimately make me go back there.

After my last training today, I walked back to work to meet a co-worker for a drink. I paid and it felt weird not to keep a copy of the receipt to expense later on. It's going to be hard going into work tomorrow. Fortunately it's Friday and it feels like I've had a whole week of Fridays.

No comments: