Thursday, November 8, 2007

options

We had our work Thanksgiving meal today. Usually that means I get potatoes, either fries or dry mashed potatoes. An omnivore Thanksgiving meal is typically light on the vegetarian options. Hell, most of my previous bosses just run and pick me up a vegetarian sandwich from a nearby deli. However, since this was my first Thanksgiving meal in the administrative offices of my work, I was surprised to find out that everything except the turkey (duh) and the gravy was vegetarian.

I complain to the cafeteria manager a LOT about the lack of options. She had a veggie burger for a while but then stopped carrying it because she said people stopped buying it after a while. Well no shit. When you give people ONE option, they tend to get sick of it after a solid month of nothing else but fries to eat. But she went out of her way today to let me know that I could eat anything but the gravy and meat. She said they used water instead of chicken stock for the stuffing and they left the bacon bits out of the salad. It was appreciated and I was very thankful for the options.

1 comment:

Lynnett said...

That was nice! See, a wonderful Thanksgiving already!