Friday, July 20, 2007

this lil piggy


I had this interesting but unremarkable post planned for today for my new thing but then I pulled the nail off my little toe. Yikes.

The toenail was killed on Thursday, June 21st. Cause of death: forest jogging in hiking boots. The toe had been hurting for some time after the jogging. Then the toenail turned completely black. I started painting them all silver to conceal the death. The body was uncovered today. I was feeling my toes, realizing all of the other nails needed to be cut but this one hadn't grown at all in a month. I pulled it up a little and it came up all the way by itself without any pain whatsoever. It was still attached at the very end of it so I cut it off. I freaked out for a bit, realizing my body has just been modified but maybe it'll grow back.

And hey, even the Mona Lisa is falling apart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sup. been reading yr blog. good stuff. i lost both my big toenails a few months ago when i dropped some heavy boxes on them. don't worry, it will grow back ... thicker and stronger. evolution.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog by accident and thought I'd leave a comment for you. I haven't lost my big toenail, but I have lost my thumb nail. Like the first commenter said, it will grow back and much stronger this time around.