Saturday, July 28, 2007

propagandist


I've wanted to be a writer ever since I can remember. When I went to college, I majored in English. I didn't want to teach. I just wanted to write. I knew it wouldn't be easy to make a living off writing but that's all I ever knew I wanted to do. When I was in high school and would go see the family doctor, he would always ask what I was going to major in in college. I would always tell him English and then he would say, "Let me know how that goes. My brother was an English major and now he's managing a Pizza Hut." My mom basically made me double-major in something else along with English. So I chose Public Relations.

I don't like Public Relations. Shortly before I graduated, I realized that I did not want to pursue a career in that field. However, the info that I gathered in my courses have actually come into use when I became more active as an activist.

Today, I went to the Division Street/Clinton Street Fair today to flyer for the Red and Black. As you can read from the flyer I made, they're going out of business and need the help. PR may not be a career I wanted but it's a skill I use.

No comments: