Wednesday, July 25, 2007

some time to forget about time


I feel better.

Cathedral Park was just what I needed to complete my recuperation. It is what I think of when I think of a 'city park,' in the broadest terms with the water, green rolling hills, gigantic structures, docks and ducks.
I had to coaxed to go there. I didn't want to drive that far out into north Portland. Fortunately one of my house mates is persistent and was willing to drive. Dean LOVED it. He ran like mad and swam himself almost to death literally. He was swimming after ducks and they went behind one of the big foundation pieces for the St Johns Bridge which is in the water. The water is calm between the shore and the foundation but there's a current on the other side of the foundation. I didn't think he would be stupid enough to follow the ducks out to the current but he did. Then I lost sight of him. I was fine for a minute. Then I started to panic. Ashes and another person on the shore were looking panicked and about came out to swim for him with me. Fortunately he popped his head around the foundation and started swimming back. Stupid dog.

It was a beautiful park though. There is going to be a theatrical performance there on Sunday. We were doing the walk-through today. I stood in for a missing bee handlers (a carrier of the bee puppet). I think I'll go to the performance on Sunday. I'm leaving the dog at home though.

No comments: