Tuesday, July 24, 2007

feeling sick


I know that I said I wouldn't use movies as my new things but here we go. Today, I saw the movie 'Sicko.' Coincidentally, I was also sick at the time AND going through my mail when I saw that I received the coverage guidelines for my health insurance. Weird.

The movie is very powerful and very damning of our "health care" system. I've usually had insurance. Either I was on my parents' insurance or I was under the care of the university nurse or then, when I got a full-time job with benefits, on my own. Fortunately, I have never been very ill. I knew this country was fucked up but wow, this movie just exposes a gaping wound in our system. As if I needed another reason to move to Canada (or England or France or Cuba, etc).

1 comment:

Lynnett said...

don't move to Canda...BLAME Canada