Monday, July 2, 2007

making cents


When I bought my scooter (2006 TNG Milano), I was real nervous. It was the most I've ever spent on any one thing; over $1400. My car(s) have always been cast-offs from my family. My current car (1991 pink Lincoln Towncar) barely wants to work though so I needed something to get around for work and I decided that the scooter would be worth it. And today was a great example of that.

For the first time, I hit all my stores in one day. I filled up my scooter with $2.94 in gas. I have four stores that I have to check on. Two are in SE Portland, one is in N Portland and one is downtown in NW. I also went to a brokerage. All in all, it added up to 40 miles. For work, I get paid $.465 per mile. So I ended up accruing $18.60. That's a 632% profit. And, damn, I got paid to ride around on a scooter on this beautiful day.

Oh, and the above picture is the gas gauge AFTER I did all my scooting around.

No comments: