Monday, July 30, 2007

i can't get no sleep


I don’t sleep well outside my own bed. I never really have been able to. I love the idea of camping but I always dread sleeping (or not sleeping) outside on the ground. This was one major concern for me when I toured Europe last year. I never knew where we were going to sleep and I never knew IF I was going to sleep. It turns out that I did okay. I think that the large quantities of free booze helped but I did pretty good even on that day (or two) when we didn’t drink.

Lately I’ve been having trouble sleeping. I always sleep better when it’s colder out so that could be an issue. Also, I haven’t been as active lately so I think that my body may not be as tired. On Monday night, I tried everything (except booze or pills.) I counted sheep, I tried to sleep in the garage bed (for the first time), I rolled this way and that way and I even put a sleep mask on. None of it got me to bed any quicker.

My sister recently sent me this promo e-mail for an acai berry which may be the next new thing I try. I need to try something before I end up working several night-time jobs because I can’t sleep.

1 comment:

Lynnett said...

Several night time jobs? Mr. Durden...may I suggest the lady not have the clam chowder?