Monday, July 16, 2007

picky eater

After I became vegetarian, I quickly realized that I was eliminating a lot of options from my diet so I had better start liking new foods. Soon I was in love with the eggplant and artichoke and so many other veggies. There were also new breads and cheeses to try. It took me a bit to get into the fake meats though. After I started my herbivore diet, I knew that if I was to stick it out, I'd have to have variety on the menu.

That's how I am a picky eater. I hate eating the same thing over and over again. I have to put some space, time and meal in between supper and the leftovers the next day. I will eat the leftovers because I hate waste more than monotony but I change it up a little bit, just to make it interesting. And, hey, I've been all veggie for over 5 years so it must be working.

Today, to add to that variety, I had my first swiss, mushroom and red pepper fritatta. I can't say it was great but...it was...different.

No comments: