Thursday, July 12, 2007

fabulously free


I have WAY too many clothes. I honestly have no idea how many pairs of black pants I have. This is one of the burdens of having worked at a thrift store. Another burden is going to trendy second hand stores and seeing their higher prices or worse seeing the price of clothing NEW!!! The last piece of clothing I bought new was a black pin striped shirt I got at a small goth store on Hawthorne over two years ago. Before that, I hadn't bought NEW clothes since moving to Portland which was five years ago. But I do LOVE to get new-to-me clothes. That's why Monday (7/9/07) was fabulous. I picked up a clothing donation for a local charity with one of my friends. As "payment" for picking up these clothing from various second-hand stores, we get to go thru them first and pick out some items for ourselves. I got the lovely red dress with white polka dots pictured above that I plan to turn into an apron for cooking. I didn't need the feather boa because I already have one exactly like it but can one ever have too many feather boas?

No comments: