Sunday, July 1, 2007

screamin' topher


I first realized that I got motion-sick from watching Mario Kart on the Super Nintendo. When the N64 came out I had to take Dramamine before I would play it. I've since have been careful about spinning things, especially amusement rides so it's surprising that I had as much fun as I did at Oaks Park.

My nine-year old housemate had his birthday party there today. First we had the cake, presents, then a pinata (pictured above) and then there was the Scream N Eagle (pictured below).


Normally rides like this are a no-brainer. I see it, my gut says no and I listen. But then this damn blog came along and suddenly my willingness to do something new overrides my common sense. I found myself on the ride with Guy and Arturo. It wasn't too bad. Guy sat in the seat that was directly in front of me so I just focused on him panicking and ignored the rest of the chaos. It didn't even make me nauseous which is saying a lot. The Scrambler however was another story...

No comments: