Monday, June 18, 2007

what i'm proud of

before
and after

This weekend was Pride weekend in Portland. Instead of going downtown and spending lots of money on Pride, I pulled my pride out of a busted-up palette.

I have needed more room in my room for quite some time now. On Saturday, it got to me so much that I started to express my needs to Ashes. Together, we came up with the basic design for a loft which provides me with so much more room. We ground-scored a lot of wood from broken and free palettes in the industrial area and spent a whopping $43 on the rest of the supplies. Then, together with V, the three of us managed to it together in less than three hours.

On Sunday, Ashes and I built the stairs for Dean. For the longest time, I resisted the idea of a loft because Dean likes to sleep on my bed and I wouldn't want to keep him from that so he got stairs. After he did a sloppy test run where I had to lift him down, we decided he needed a landing so today we built that and now it's complete. I couldn't be more proud of it.

No comments: