Thursday, June 28, 2007

my first and last


My grandpa was the only person in my life as a child who smoked. Well he and my best friend's jerk-of-a-dad were the only two people but my grandpa was the only person whom I respected that smoked. It was something I never really thought about doing. Only my country-style friends smoked as a teen and it never really appealed to me then either.

I was on my second snakebite tonight when Arturo happened to find a brand new cigarette next to his seat. I was pretty unsatisfied with my day's new thing by then so I decided I would smoke a cigarette. I've taken a puff or two off of a cigarette but I've never actively sought to smoke my own. I couldn't finish it. It was awful.

Most of my close friends, my nearest and dearest, smoke which doesn't bother me. I sit in the smoke room at work where most of my friends are but I never smoke. It doesn't even occur to me. I just don't like tobacco. I have my vices and I'd hate to be called out on them constantly. That's why I just roll with my puffin' friends. I can be cool like that.

No comments: