Saturday, June 2, 2007

something new



Shit can get static and stale. There are times when I feel like I just groundhogged my way through the day. I read somewhere once that you should try something new everyday. For quite a while, I tried to do that but then I started slacking. I'm going to start again. For me, one new thing means a departure from the routine. Not one new movie to watch or one new coffee flavor to try. I used to force myself to EXPERIENCE one new thing. One new...adventure. It's not easy. I can get bogged down and operating on automatic pilot is the only way to survive but then again, is that all I want to do?

I figured this blog could keep me on my toes and I'd have to do something different just to have something to write about everyday. I could write this in a notebook but it's hard to maintain a sense of need when you know nobody's going to read it anytime soon. Plus, keeping a journal under my bed and writing in it seems very twelve-year-old-girl-like, even though this is the same basic thing but broadcast to...well...everybody and anybody who cares. And I discovered how to make my camera talk to my laptop easily so I will be using visual aids. Also I have always dreamed of being a writer so here we go. First, a background:

I'm a 31 year old single queer vegetarian male thriving in Portland (Oregon that is). I live with three amazing people (two parents and their son), two black cats and one black dog. The dog is my rock. He keeps me focused and gives me a reason to come home at the end of the day. I'm a case manager for handicapped adults during the day and an activist by night (figuratively speaking. In actuality I'm always on). I also moonlight as the roadie/merch guy/case manager for a political punk band. I think that's enough for today.


So my new thing for today is this blog.

No comments: