Monday, June 11, 2007

a trial of optimism


I think things are getting better. That's something, right?
I know that the world in general is drowning in an inescapable mudslide but my little world is improving. At least that's what I'd like to believe.
There are negatives. There are ALWAYS negatives to dwell on but that's the nature of evolution, right? We're supposed to zoom in on and improve upon the negatives. But how about stepping back and saying, this here isn't so bad.
That's what kind of day I had. My new thing was giving a tour at work. It's not impressive but I wanted to focus the day on what was working, rather than what could I be doing.
The above picture is the Chinese symbols for 'Getting better and better." It is, right?

1 comment:

Lynnett said...

i love optimism...the glass is half full,right? if it is a martini...it's ALWAYS full.