Saturday, June 16, 2007

carving paths


I made a path today. I'm not just being philosophical either.

I live on a dead-end street. I really enjoy the lack of car traffic passing by our house. There's an apartment complex next door and we would often exit south through a bramble of blackberry bushes to their parking log. It was a commonly traveled path by everyone around. However, the apartment managers put up a fence a few weeks ago. While I enjoy privacy, I hate fences. I hate futile dividers that serve only as a nuisance.

Traffic didn't stop at the fence. It just turned to the right and marched through the bramble about ten feet to end of the fence. There was a board laying in the path which one had to balance on to keep from falling on the bramble. It was pretty awkward. I've been saying for a while that I was going to fix it up. Well, today I did.

I sawed off branches that were downed and were functioning solely as trip hazards. I took the old seats from the back porch table and made a path with them. I then pinned down reaching branches with scraps of wood. And viola, a path is carved.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow Chris. That is impressive. Nice job!