Friday, July 27, 2012

the way it should be

 Today exemplified how well things have been going lately. I was able to spend time with Dean, get some housework done, have a long lunch with Andrew (my 1st salad at Oasis Pizza), bake some more chocolate cookies and then bike to Jen's house with Andrew for her 33rd birthday party. After the funeral last week, I really started to have a longing to see my friends more in more positive contexts. I wish I could have seen more people but it was still wonderful to see Jen, Donald, Nikki, Eric, Destonie, Bastard, Jesse, Lori Ann, Melissa, Nathanial, Ashes, Sophia, Xbox, and more. I also met some new people (but I'm horrible with names). And along with Jen's birthday, we were all able to celebrate the fact that Bastard just got offered a clerkship in Portland and Ashes is starting county job soon! It's been a tumultuous year for too many of my friends so I'm glad to see things work out for the better and I'm glad to see them under such celebratory circumstances.

What else?
Last Tuesday, our HR director sent out modifications to the dress code, saying that we could no longer wear t-shirts on "casual Friday" but we had to wear golf shirts or oxford shirts. I love my t-shirts and one of my career goals is to work somewhere that will allow me to wear t-shirts all of the time so we're going in the wrong direction here. However, at our Wednesday meeting, my boss was wearing a knit top without a collar when she was reviewing the changes in the dress code which now calls for a "business casual Friday." Someone curiously (not insubordinately) questioned what she was wearing and how it fit into the dress code. She then said we could wear t-shirts, just not thin white ones. She added that we should avoid hot pinks and yellows because we wouldn't want to draw attention to ourselves. Confused over what I should wear today, I just decided to stay at home on a sick day.

On Wednesday, July 25th, my new thing was trying the veggie reuben at Eastside Deli. It had peppers in it which made it too spicy.

On Thursday, July 26th, I took charge of our sheltered workshop clients at work for the day. Also, afterwards, Erin, Tim, Scott, Leah, Andrew, Ashes, and I went to Roadside Attraction for Happy Hour where some asswipe stole my solar-powered bike light. :( Also, Andrew and I tried the Pad Thai Kitchen for the first time.

No comments: