Sunday, July 1, 2012

must like adventures




If I was to list the traits desirable in a partner, a sense of adventure would definitely rank high. Yesterday, when we walked around the Octopus Tree, I suggested we keep going. On our adventurous hike, I found an even less taken path and it led us to overlook an amazing cliff. Andrew mentioned that he liked my desire to explore. Today, it was his turn.

It rained most of this weekend. Today was our first day of clearish skies. We took Dean on the beach and there was a door in the side of the cliff on the beach. I didn't think much about it but Andrew headed to it and Dean followed. I expected them to have just found a service tunnel (?) or something but then they didn't come back for a while. When I went to find them, I saw that the doorway was manmade tunnel that connected to a more natural tunnel a little less than halfway through the cliff. The tunnel lead to another beach. The other beach wasn't that amazing but the journey was fun. It reminded me of the going through the bookcase at Circa 33. Just fun for the sake of adventure.

What else?
We also decided to try a cafe, Brewin in the Wind for brunch. It was great to find a vegetarian friendly, funky brunch place in little Oceanside!

Also, we had to clean the sheets and linen there and fold them afterwards so we had a lot of time to lay around in the sun on the porch after our beach walk. Sigh, this weekend went too quickly...

No comments: