Friday, February 3, 2012

solar cycle

Why isn't solar power more common by now? Especially more common in place where they actually get sun more than half of the year? It's a shame because cars should definitely be infused with more solar panels. I realize you don't want these things to break but it may be worth the risk.

I don't drive enough to warrant paneling my car for solar energy so today I got a solar powered bike light. It wasn't cheap (as is the case with most solar panels) but I really hate going through batteries. Hopefully I don't lose it. I was going to order a solar light online but luckily they had one at Seven Corners. I happen to see it when I took my bike in to get the brake lines checked (which they did for free) so if I could support my favorite local bike shop AND get a solar light, I was willing to spend a bit. I really just hope I don't lose it. Also, Seven Corners was apparently burgled last night and some ass made off with a bike and several accessories. I wish a curse of nasty railroad tracks and a broken tailbone upon the thief!

Anyway, I've been sick for the past couple of days so I won't get to test my light until tomorrow. I hope it was worth it.

What else?
I took a sick day yesterday. I'm not sure if it's allergies or a bug but I did not feel well. I actually took a three hour nap which I have never done in Muffin HQ before. I can't hardly nap ever so this was a treat! It felt lovely.

No comments: