Thursday, July 12, 2012

candy ass

Fair only lasts for three days (Fri-Sun) but Thursday always feels like a fair day because the vendors open up around noon (or earlier it seems) and I like to dress up on Thursday. In looking at my outfits, I basically just re-formatted each of last years four outfits with slight alterations. However, I added my coy fish socks and my fuzzy vest, each of which got a lot of compliments. As I've said before, that's one of my favorite parts of Fair!

Another favorite part is the fairy name. I have a fair (ha ha) amount of aliases but I like to be creative with my name here because it will only last for 4-5 days. Andrew lovingly refers to me as a candy ass when it comes to my taste in drinks (amaretto, anyone?) so I presented that as one of my potential choices to Raven and Mercury. In unison, they quickly responded that I should go with Candy Ass. In the outside world, I wouldn't want strangers calling me Candy Ass. However, having fair family say it (and even sing it like the bridge security lady does) is just fine with me.

What else?
Speaking of singing, Victory and I were treated to this little child singing while we were setting up our booth in Community Village. Her mother works in the Wild Edibles booth next door so she just sat on a bench, singing a number of songs but mostly focusing on ABCs and some song about ponies. She did manage to sing a few lines from Taio Cruz's Dynamite though which I thought was awesome. Fortunately, Victory had some change so I was able to tip her

I actually felt useful setting up the booth this year. I sanded the steps of our ladder in back and hung the curtain between our booth and Wild Edibles. I can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments: