Wednesday, July 4, 2012

small town holidays

We got up this morning and headed down the block to watch the Gibbon 4th of July parade. It was Dean's first time meeting his little cousin Marley. She absolutely loves animals, especially dogs and horses. I've said before how I don't like this holiday but I did enjoy the small town atmosphere of it all. The parade was cute although the first half of it was emergency vehicles from here and the nearby towns that felt they needed to blare their horns. In the afternoon, we went on the Road Rally which involved us driving the country roads, looking for a series of clues that would lead us on a specific route. If we finished the route in the exact miles the clues were supposed to lead us on, we could win a prize. We missed a few clues so I'm sure we didn't come close but it was still fun to play.

What else?
We had an early birthday celebration for my oldest niece Hayleigh today at El Portero in Kearney this evening since she's going to start detassling tomorrow. I thought it was bad having my eight hour class on my birthday this year but I'd just as soon have a 16 hour class rather than go detassling in the corn, wading through the mud in the 100 degree weather.

No comments: