Monday, July 9, 2012

the road home

I'm back home. It was a long journey but I think I liked it just as much as flying because A) I had my dog & B) I didn't have to put up with airport crap. It's too bad it's really not feasible in the winter because I'd do it all again for Christmas.

Another reason I liked driving was due to the car. This little Focus was fuel efficient and intuitive as far as the controls like cruise control are concerned. When I got in it last week, I was initially concerned because it was so nice and I had declined the additional insurance that they offered, although I did opt for a $7/day minimal insurance offered by the third party agency that set up the rental. However, I managed to return the car without any damages and with 15 minutes to spare before the end of my reservation! Yeah!

I stopped at a few new places (rest stops and gas stations) for my new thing(s), in addition to returning a car to Alamo. While I was a bit concerned with having a deadline of when I had to have the car back, the drive was relatively easy and pretty. Again, I just listened to the Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood audio books, making it through the 4th book. The audio books were another reason that the long journey didn't seem so daunting. Maybe I'll do it again next summer!

No comments: