Monday, July 30, 2012

guard dog

Dean's an awesome awesome loyal dog and smart as a whip but bravery is not among his strengths.

When I got home from work today, I opened the door and he wasn't there to greet me. I looked on my bed and he wasn't there either, nor was he in the office on his pillow or the loveseat. The baby gate was still up in front of Sophia's room so I knew he wasn't in there and his leash was still home so nobody was taking him for a walk. I panicked for a second, calling his name. Then I noticed the bathroom door was closed. I pushed it open against some towels that were laying in front of the door along with an upside down trash can. Dean came running out.

Here's what I assume happened: The mailman came by, approximately at 1:30pm and opened the screen door to drop two packages in between the screen door and the wood door. Dean barked at the mailman as per usual. However, he became frightened when he thought the man in uniform was coming into the house so he ran to the bathroom, pushing the door closed behind him and then barricading himself in with towels and a trashcan. That's my protector.

This is all speculation but it's also the most logical conclusion. (Obviously, I have been watching too much of the BBC show Sherlock.)

What else?
Sophia, Xbox and I tried the relatively new Thai Dish Cuisine near our house. It used to be Thai Thai but it changed owners. Anyway, it has some of the best Pad Thai I have ever had. I love this neighborhood!

Also, I finished the DMZ comic series today. I loved it but not as much as I loved Y: The Last Man. Still, I would recommend it highly to almost anyone.

No comments: