Monday, March 28, 2011

choose your own adventure 101

Spring quarter started today. I got my paper back from last quarter that I didn't think I did that well on and it turns out I underestimated myself again. The teacher said that I have real talent. It's so nice to get positive reinforcement.

On the other hand, I feel that I've done well enough with this class over the past two quarters that I now have it in the bag. It doesn't help that the teacher has also given us free reign to choose our own assignments this quarter. She had an outline done for two assignments but one of the assignments is the exact same thing that I did last year.  Also, she came into class skeptical about the other assignment so she just told us to email her suggestions.  Really, I could probably just do the assignments as assigned but I'll have to give it some thought.

What else?
In class, we had to analyze a relationship (romantic partner, friend, co-worker, family, etc) that ended well. It made me realize that I don't do goodbyes well. It was a new process for me. I also got to look at a relationship that ended not so well. Both were with guys named Bryan. Neither were romantic. I think the problem is that I just don't end relationships unless they end up bad. Otherwise, I still consider the relationships active.

No comments: