Sunday, March 20, 2011

our trials as muffins

Knowing that I can turn into a pissy pumpkin when the clock strikes late at any given party, I arranged to sleep elsewhere last night so I could escape our house party.  A while ago, I told Tim, Sophia's former roommate, that I would purchase his bed which was pretty new.  Since the bed was already in place and Dean was staying at Sophia's, I headed there when I finished my DJ set.  This morning was my first morning waking up at her house, which is also referred to as Muffin HQ.

It's a different setting.  I can't say that it's better than my room right now but I can't say that it's worse either.  It's just different.  Dean liked the bed better because he could crawl into this one (and occupy over half of it).  I didn't have many of my belongings here last night either so I had to improvise to get to sleep.  I usually sleep with a fan on just for the white noise.  Since I didn't have my fan, I downloaded a white noise application which had a fan noise option and that worked just fine.  I may just use that from now on but I'm not sure of the radioactive aspects of leaving a phone so close to me while I sleep.

The neighborhood was quiet and Dean and I had a nice walk in the morning.  I could see this being comfortable, especially when I get more stuff into the place.  Space will be an issue so I think I will have to get rid of a lot of things.  That will be an adjustment for me but it will be a positive one.  I'm not a pack rat so this will be delightfully cleansing.  I don't know how or why I've accumulated so much crap.

Before we move in though, we will be painting.  I don't think I can hang with walls that orange.

No comments: