Sunday, March 27, 2011

my man cave

I really hate the term "Man Cave" to describe a den.  I hate gendered terms anyway but Man Cave seems so yuck.  I found it funny that Home Depot yesterday had a selection of colors for Man Caves.  However the selection was only 10 colors deep.  You can't give a straight man a choice between mahogany or sinopia.

The man cave paint selection inspired Sophia to begin calling my future office my man cave.  To me, that still sounds like a gay bar so I guess I can roll with it in that context, as long as I get to put up hot pink curtains.  Plus it's better than calling it the 'weird room' which is what she used to call it.

We painted the cave today.  It looks so good with paint on the walls.  White is such a forgettable color that even a light shade of brown can make a room seem so much more palatable.  I'm so excited to decorate it!

What else?
I'm also excited to just be in the hood.  I went to Red Square for the first time today for coffee.  It's a delightful little shop that I'm glad within walking distance.  I also headed over to Namu, a korean bbq food cart only a few blocks away from the house for a vegan bowl.  I was delighted that I could just walk up, grab a bowl and walk it back to the house for lunch!

No comments: