Wednesday, March 30, 2011

blue is the new orange

Interior design has always been one of the handful of career options that I considered when I was younger. However, English appealed to me more and I thought that everyone would naturally chose interior design if they could because it seems so damn fun so I went a different route. Still, I have always thought that I would do a helluva job decorating my space when I had the freedom to do what I wanted. Years ago, I would have painted my bedroom either an amber orange or an olive green.  However, now I think I'm feeling more blue.

The room that I've moving into at Sophia's house was painted orange. It wasn't amber but more of an electric orange peel.  It kind of made me anxious when I was in the room so I decided to go with the opposite and do a nice cool color. Caribbean blue is a little lighter than I thought it would be but I'm pretty sure that I'll be happy with it. I headed to the house after work today to paint it. I'm so excited about getting it on the wall and, once I started, I couldn't stop smiling because I was so damn happy with the color. Color makes up the negative space and now I kind of forced to decorate around the color. Still, that will give me focus and put a little more thought and design into my decor.

No comments: