Tuesday, August 3, 2010

bye and bye b-day

Today it was Tim's bday. (I have a lot of Leo friends) so Sophia, Tim, Martin and I and a few other people all went to the Bye and Bye in NE for happy hour.  I've only been here one other time.  It was a Saturday night and the place was packed with hipsters.  It was really hard to endure.  Today, there wasn't a lot of people there and most of them were with us and gay so it was a lot better.  I had a lot of drinks, ate some good vegan food and talked a lot.  It was simply fabulous.  All my friends' birthday celebrations make me want to actually plan something ahead of time next year for my day.

What else?
We biked back from NE and stumbled upon a stairwell that overlooks the city.  It was nice.  We also headed back to Tim and Sophia's and had Martin's awesome cupcakes.  I don't go for sweets too often but these were outstanding.

I got hit at work today by one of my clients for the first time.  I knew it'd be this guy who hit me too because he's my favorite person to work with.  He was trying to get me to explain how he could go out to McDonalds on his b-day (which is in May) with one of my co-workers when his b-day will fall on a Sunday.  I was trying to explain it to him and he just kept getting more frustrated.  Another guy, who I love to make smile, started smiling as he was sitting right behind the guy getting frustrated.  I smiled back and I ended up with the frustrated guy's hat in my face.  He's been known to uppercut his supervisor, throw shoes or punch people in the gut so I should count myself lucky.  However, it still shocked me.

No comments: