Tuesday, August 17, 2010

plane as day

I hate spending the day in airports.  It's better though going from Omaha to Portland because I'm gaining two hours instead of losing two.  Even so, coming to Nebraska this time was better because the flight from Omaha to Denver was super bumpy and made me scared as hell.  While the ride was rough, the travel experience was smooth in that I carried on luggage the whole way home.  Airports are stupid now in that they charge people to check their baggage.  I don't think it's resulted in less baggage but just more people carrying on stuff.  In each flight over the past few days, they've offered free bag checks at the gate to reduce the number of bags in the passenger area.  People should never pay to check bags they can carry on, even if they want to have the convenience of not carrying their bag around.  Stupid airlines.

What else?
I bid adieu to Omaha.  Zach introduced me to La Casa Pizzeria for lunch and Lisa drove me to the airport.  It was nice to get in touch with them all again.  I'll make sure to let them know before I plan my next Nebraska trip because I always fly into Omaha.  For once, I'm glad I do.

I have a couple of other groups of friends in Omaha that I didn't get to see this time around.  I guess that's just more motivation to return soon.

No comments: