Saturday, August 14, 2010

chillin in papillion

When my grandma passed away last year, I figured I would only see my extended family on that side during funerals and weddings.  So, when I found out that my uncle was hosting a family reunion, I wanted to make sure I was there.  I love my aunts, uncles and cousins and want to make sure that we stay in touch.

For the most part, most of my extended family on this side lives in Omaha, or to be more accurate, in suburbs of Omaha.  Papillion is one such suburb with a population of 17,000.  We hung out here before going over to my uncle's.  I took a walk around by myself in the morning to check out the surroundings and get some fresh, muggy air.  Later on, my mom and I walked down to the Schwer Recreation Area which is a fun little water park for kids.  I would've absolutely loved this if I was a youngster.  Hell, I would've loved it if there would have just been other adults playing around the area.

Anyway, at the family reunion, we got to go to Uncle Randy's where the kids played in his new above ground pool.  His yard has been so drastically improved in such a short amount of time.  It probably came from my grandma's inheritance.  It's great for him and his family to have.  Still, it was funny watching kids and a few of my older cousins splash around in the pool while we listened to butt rock and hair metal.  Ahhh, the suburbs.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey, we've been to this splash park quite a few times this year. My brother lives really close by it. Oh, I am sad we were not able to get together. I hope your trip back was good!