Tuesday, August 10, 2010

best birthday dinner ever

This makes me want to do something nice for my birthday.

The first time I realized that Sophia and I could hit it off really well was when I gave her a ride to the airport years ago and we were discussing our birthdays.  We both had the same idea around not wanting to make a big production out of our birthdays.  It's easier to enjoy the day without having the expectations around that you're supposed to be happier or more jovial than you really are.

Ironically enough, Sophia is the one to cause me to change my mind around this 'no-celebration' policy because she did it tastefully tonight.  We started with a small gathering and drinks at BeerMongers (for the 1st time) and then went for a lavish dinner at Portobello (for the 1st time).  It could not have been cheap but it was a very beautiful, meaningful dinner with friends.  It was an amazing meal and not just for the food.  The intention, company and setting was perfect.  However, the food was absolutely divine and there was so much of it.  Truly unforgettable and at just the right amount of celebration.

No comments: