Wednesday, August 4, 2010

work-life

No pic for today as it's not a happy post.  I found out one of my co-workers has been drinking on the job.  The painful part is I'm closest to her at work so I should have known.  I knew she had a history of drinking but she was tell me she was sober.  I hate booze.  It doesn't mean I'm gonna quit drinking.  It just means that I realize how screwed up it is and it can screw you over.  Moderation, folks.

What else?
I got hit again by the same guy.  He was getting upset, telling all of the staff members to f*** off, including me.  However, then he told me that he wanted me to go for a walk with him.  On his walk, he told some imaginary person across the street to f*** off.  When I looked, he hit me with his hat.  I walked him back to the office.  When I came back to check on him, he threw his nametag at me.  He had thrown several chairs just before that so, again, I should be grateful that all I got was the nametag.  I asked him if he was supposed to be throwing stuff around and he picked up his backpack, yelled "No, b***h!" and chucked it at me.  Fortunately, he didn't aim well.  Poor guy is really going through a rough patch.  Seems like he's not the only one.

The abuse didn't stop at work though.  I took Dean to the park and we saw several black labs off their leashes so I told Dean to go and say hi.  He was a little bit nervous around them and kept leaping away from them but then going back in for a butt sniff.  When he was behind me, he leaped away from them and swept my legs right out from under me.  I went crashing hard into the ground.  Now I think I have whiplash.  Screw this day.

No comments: