Saturday, May 22, 2010

portland gay symphonic band

I was going to go to Blowpony tonight but I went to watch my friend play the french horn at the Portland Gay Symphonic Band which I thought would be more gay than Blowpony but it surprised me.  I enjoyed it and the company of Sophia and Tim's boyfriend.  They performed Gustav Holst's The Planets which really means nothing to me.  I enjoyed it but I'm not an aficionado of orchestral music so I can't say how it compares to other symphonies.
However, the Uranus ;) section was particularly enjoyable to be because I'm biased since it's the ruling planet of the Aquarius.  Here's what they say about it in the program:

"The mystic planet Uranus will affect the major portion of the life of those who come under the higher influence of the Aquarius...It will bring them into touch with original and unique experiences; incliniing them always toward the metaphysical...,tending to stimulate in them all the higher side of human, intellectual and finer nature.  When leaning toward the adverse and material side of this influence, persons will be eccentric, strange and erratic; but it may be that this will be induced by others who cannot understand their way of viewing things.  Sudden and unexpected events will enter into their lives...They will be very independent and unique characters, possessing a nervously organized temperament quite out of the common."

There, that's me wanting to write something but being to lazy to think.

After the symphony which I did enjoy, we went back to Sophia and Tim's for a small reception.  It was nice but it felt too intimate for me.  I ended up leaving to catch the bus home and walked home.  It was a nice, crisp night and I happened to do it in between rains.

What else?
I also caught 15 minutes of sun sitting outside the Nite Lite, waiting for Jess to show up for a drink.  I had their quesadilla for the first time too which was pretty damn good.  It's hard to screw up a quesadilla though.

No comments: