Saturday, May 15, 2010

paint job

I have decided that Saturdays are going to be my Autonomy days for a while until the project is closer to completetion.  Really, it's a nice break from school and it feels good to do a little manual labor.  I did a variety of jobs there today.  For a while, I pulled up underlayment from one of the rooms.  It reminded me of when I helped my friends Michael B and Jemma pull it off the floor of their house.  However, this stuff is nailed in and needs crowbars to get it up.  I only did this job for about 30 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore.

My favorite job was painting.  Not only is it light on the labor but it is also one in which you can instantenously see the results.  The people who rented the space there went a bit crazy with their "artistic expression" and made the place look ultra-shitty with graffitti.  I've always thought that colored walls look better than white walls but that was not the case here.

It's getting closer to being complete!  Yay!

No comments: