Saturday, May 29, 2010

a play on the other desire

You would think that a play about female sexuality would be completely lost on me.  I know that the stereotype is that a gay man is really close to a female in terms of sexual needs.  However, I have no idea what goes on down there for women.  But the play I went to today at some yoga studio in Northeast was great.

Inviting Desire 2010 is a compilation of short skits written, produced and acted out by several different actresses.  I think there were seven actresses in all.  One of them work with my friend Jessica so she had an interest in going.  I went with her and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.  I think I was expecting it to be really abstract and go into the anatomical needs of the vagina.  However, it was just about sexual freedom and expression.  Actually there was a good number of gay men there.  Maybe we are a lot more similar than I previously anticipated.

No comments: