Friday, May 28, 2010

the first in what will be many

Wow, it's been almost exactly a year since our last Indymedia benefit.  Tonight's benefit was moreso for Autonomy but it was organized by primarily the same people and at the same location but under new management.  I'm sure I'll be helping out with several benefits at this place but it was nice to have an inaugural benefit tonight with good friends.

It was very simple.  I DJ'ed, mLe (pictured above as the band White Teeth for the night) played and so did the Eclectic Bastards.  Then we kareoke'd.  I would normally have left a lot earlier than I did but it was fun, something I haven't really had a lot of lately.

On Thursday, I stayed at Southeast Grind for four hours in the evening working on my final paper.  I got maybe 1/3 of it done.  I was kind of beating myself up for not doing more but I'm going to chose to celebrate the progress I have made instead.  I have a long weekend ahead of me and a deadline of getting it done before next Wednesday so I can turn a rough draft in to my instructor.  I think I can do it.

It was worth it to stay at the party too.  DJ'ing was fun.  I finally got to play "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?" during a DJ session which a surprising number of people seemed excited to hear. (Luv my friends!)  During karaoke, I sang a lot.  I can remember singing No Scrubs (again), Just Dance (again), Wannabe, Sexy Back, Kids (by MGMT with the rest of my house) and Bad Romance (which I did as a song Ashes played in between karaoke requests so it wasn't actually a karaoke song and I didn't have lyrics but I still rocked).  Anyway, a lot of fun and a good precedent to set for Autonomy.

No comments: