Monday, May 3, 2010

cupidity


Yesterday I took the afternoon and finished my second statistics quiz.  It was really quite easy once I took an hour to wrap my head around it.  So I figured I had some personal time.  I decided to spend that time on OKCupid.  It's a dating website and it's kind of silly but a friend of mine just found the guy he's seeing through OKCupid so I figured it was worth a shot.

I filled out a long quiz.  There are close to 4000 questions but you don't have to answer them all.  I started out with just answering 200 and then putting in some broad definition of a guy I would be looking for.  I came up with a surprising amount of options.  One guy in particular interested me, primarily because he has cute pics of dogs in his pictures.  Anyway, I became possessed by someone a lot more ambitious than me and I asked him out.

I don't do this at all.  Dating is needlessly nerve-racking, especially when I hardly had anytime or money to spend on it all.  However, I think I'm getting more secure in just about everything so I figured there's no time like now.

Anyway, we are currently planning out a doggie play date and a walk in the park.  I figured that'd be a fun way to get to know someone.  Plus we both have dogs and a few other things in common.  Even if it turns out to be just one walk and nothing more ever, it's still worth it.

What else?
I found out I got an A on my first stats quiz.  It's a sign that I've got this down and I can take on other...tasks.

No comments: