Thursday, December 10, 2009

the zip truck


We got a new couch today.  Our old couches are old, falling apart and smelly so we're due for something new to us.  There was a free futon on craigslist so I checked out my first zip truck and we ran out and picked it up.  Total cost to us: $11.50 and one hour.  Pretty damn sweet.  The truck also had a little screen that popped up on the rear view mirror when I was backing up.  It was kind of surprising and made me want to back up a lot.  Actually, it wasn't just neat but also very functional when I parked it at the end of our trip.

What else?
I went to a training on memory for work.  The problem was, I think the teacher forgot what it was supposed to be on.  That's not just a funny contradiction, it's the truth.  The class was advertised at dealing with memory loss, specifically due to Alzheimers in seniors with DD.  However, it ended up being a quick little class on memory tricks for us.  At the end, someone asked if there are specific stages of Alzheimers and the teacher said, "Oh yes, definitely, that'd be a good training."  Yes, it would have been.  

No comments: