Sunday, December 20, 2009

just so typically me


Oops I missed my flight again.

Damnit, I wonder what the record is for missing flights because, percentage wise, I probably rank up there.  I could have sworn the flight info said I leave around noon.  However, while in line at 10:47 am, I checked the info on my phone and found out the plane departs at 10:56 am.  D'oh.  I should've probably guessed that when I saw that the Southwest Airlines line was 200 people deep (and that's a conservative estimate) while there was only one person in line ahead of me at Frontier.  She had missed the flight too.

I've done this a number of times before.  Usually one of my siblings has to be getting married though.  At least this time, I'm just going for a general visit and Christmas isn't for another five days.

So my new thing obviously wasn't missing my flight.  Instead I went to the Beaverton Bakery Stop place at the airport where I slowly worked on a vanilla latte and enjoyed an episode of Dexter.  I may have missed my flight but it's still my vacation and I will enjoy it to the fullest extent.

What else?
Before checking in, I went to Pizzacato and got a veggie slice.  A couple was fighting there.  The guy stormed off and left the girl calling his name while his pizza got cold.  She waited for about five minutes then left.  She came back with him and he tried to talk to her.  She wouldn't respond to him so he left again but he took his Coke this time and the Pizzacato people quickly offered a To-Go box.  I may have missed my flight but my troubles seem so minimal.  These people are going to board a plane together, presumably next to each other.  Akwaaaard.  I hope they don't end up sitting next to me!

No comments: