Wednesday, December 9, 2009

sweet dancing time


It was time for our annual client dance party again.  It was actually my company's 22nd annual party.  I'm proud to be a part of it and to turn it into what it is.  Ashes and I have really taken control of the party and I think that it's been for the better.  Everybody really seems to have a good time anyway.

Over the past few years, we've developed traditions.  We do the YMCA, I lead everyone in the macarena, we do Christmas carols and this one little lady sings Happy Birthday to her roommate.  It may be repetitious but it saves me from having to download more music.  Also this year we added hopefully a new tradition.  The guy that's not in the picture on my right is singing Sweet Caroline.  It's his turn around song and I will forever love Neil Diamond for it.  This guy can start off grumpy as all hell and I'll put on this song.  By the time he gets to the chorus, he's yelling, "I feel FINE!" and he does feel fine.  Today, we played Sweet Caroline and he agreed to come up on stage and it was wonderful.

What else?
The party ended with a bang...literally.  A co-worker's car was hit.  Another co-worker grabbed me and we ran out the door to go meet up with her.  A drunk driver (at 2 pm!) ran a stop sign and smashed up her front end.  Fortunately, everyone had insurance and she's not in trouble or anything.

No comments: