Sunday, December 13, 2009

let live


Tonight, I attended the Let Live Conference at the Matt Dishman Community Center (for the first time) and got to watch a chef from Portobello Vegan Trattoria do a cooking demo.  Compared to everyone there, my cooking skills are WAAAAYY sub-par but it was really cool and inspiring to watch him go.  Plus I learned out a cool and easy way to dice onions.

I'm conflicted about this 'new thing' though.  I've been slacking off on doing new things.  This means I've been counting a new soda or window-shopping in a new store as my new things.  That's why I haven't really been writing a lot.  It just hasn't been that interesting.  I think it's the weather too.  It's been dull, cold and sometimes rainy.

Today, I was determined to do something new that scared me.  I'm not talking about actually piss-myself scared but something that would make me uncomfortable.  I'm actually uncomfortable with being too comfortable.  However, in the end, I wasn't creative or invigorating at all and settled for this event my housemates were going to.  I'm glad I went but I just wish I could have done something more jarring this weekend.  Eh, there's always tomorrow.

What else?
My throat is sore from belting out several songs on Rock Band.  I scared all of the animals out of the room when I sang "Hey Man, Nice Shot," and I was actually bizarrely humbled when Jimi Hendrix came to the stage and I got to sing as him.  Weird.

No comments: