Thursday, December 24, 2009

family fun

Yes I'm a dork and I like board games.  I also like card games and I enjoy family time where the TV isn't invited along.

It's Christmas Eve and the weather is awful out.  Luckily, we don't have to go anywhere and we're well stocked up on food, booze and entertainment.  Unfortunately, my sister and youngest niece are in Kansas and it's too dangerous for them to make it up here.  They reported on the news tonight that there were over 100 cars in ditches on I-80 and so far there have been seven fatalities.

However, knowing that everyone I hold dear in the Midwest is safe is good.  Here in Gibbon, we played Monopoly (my dad won), pitch (I won one game and Eric won two), Life (I think Hayleigh or my mom won) and electronic Trivia for the first time (my mom and I won).  My mom made meat and cheese lasagna which was wonderful and Hayleigh made red velvet cookies with chocolate chips and a cream frosting.  As I've said before, presents are fun and all but this is what I like about holidays.  I feel all sappy inside.

No comments: