Saturday, September 19, 2009

woke up this morning


My day in pictures...

Last night, I fell asleep underneath the stars.  I made six wishes on falling stars, each one unique.

I woke up at 6:40 am because I can't sleep in tents and the sky was ablaze with vibrant energy.

In the middle of nowhere, between small and smaller towns, there was a leaf-barren tree that was decorated in old shoes.

I took an educational tour while out camping.  It reminded me of something that my parents would force me to do when I was younger.  Now it's my choice.

I walked through a blue canyon and held the cast of a creature that is a kin to saber tooth tigers.

I saw several herds of deer, each pausing too long to stare back at me from the side of the road.

I dipped my hand in a mountain lake, surrounded by cat-tails.  I haven't seen cat-tails since I used to visit the Missouri River as a child with my best friend and his dad.

I watched the sun go down in a different forest than I started the day in. 

Everything is new.


No comments: