Monday, September 28, 2009

first day of school

It's my 600th post & my first day of school.

I have to take off soon to Nebraska for my grandma's funeral so I had to get a lot of work stuff wrapped up today. After all that, school was a relief.

College was kind of like I expected, long classes, professors speaking to students on an even level, not talking down to us.

My 520 policy class will probably be challenging. I don't excel in the administrative side of things. Plus it's gonna be writing-intensive. The professor seems really nice though.

My 539 diversity (social justice) class seems just like I thought it would. We put our chairs in a circle & talked casually about privilege. I'm really looking forward to this class.

Anyway, I'm not going to work Monday mornings before school anymore. I think it'll require a lot more of my attention.

No comments: